Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Modders Daayyeee...


Ah, what fun...

I had heart pangs for sweet monster Caleb but otherwise, I truly fun fam day. Settin' in the back-a-yard, good grub, wacky stories and such. It was total shoestring budget gourmet but deelish and heart smart, save for the overcooked brownies.

Saturday's Leonard Cohen outting ROCKED out. "Vincybaby" and I met up @ Bay Station and whew if the road wasn't blocked off. Bay south to Charles, East to Yonge-ish. Funny, I spotted a lavalifer while waiting for Vincybaby, someone who's profile I saw but who never responded. I didn't get to see the date he was waiting for but surely she could not have been as cute as me, fwah fwah...

So, we saw Terrance from Prego/Barristers supporting the Barenekkid Ladies, listened to the Legendary Mr. Cohen read one of his new poems[goosebumps! I got goosebumps!] and the sweet sounds of singer Anjulie. During Anjulie's set, we hit Timmy's for some caramel turnover delight[gah, so good...] and then there was a downpour, so we settled in for a while chatting.

Next up was whole foods for dinner -yessssssss, I know is the 2nd time in a week but that macaroni and cheese is too good and they're open until 9pm, shut up okay?

Today was day 1 of countdown to harbourfront day. Phase one of indoor spring cleaning blitz to be continued manana with some scary closet purging.

Meanwhile, bedlam in news & current affairs - predictable but sad pipeline fire in Nigeria, possible massive international embarrassment with our environment minister[I always worry that these are the first time these tories have been on a plane as they are getting called up for delegation duties] and Haiti is on the verge of another nervour breakdown.

I confess to being somewhat entertained by the good PR/bad PR re: the upcoming release of "that movie" this week...

Meanwhile, tunes are hotter than ever on BBC - check out Gilles Peterson's special re: Brazil and "afro reggae" on Radio 1 this week - nice...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?